Monday, August 31, 2009

a sketchy start...



a very raw start... the idea of the creation of suburbs from city, the latter being infiltrated by the first to the extent of forcing the city to exist as a point, blip, singular experience among the suburban sphere

2 comments:

  1. Drew,
    I think it's an interesting idea - looking at suburbs from the point at suburbs. I can see it working from the suburbanite's point of view - only to visit the city in occasional instances, but what about the commuter's? or the mayor's?

    I only say these words (suburbanite, commuter, mayor) as placeholders for viewpoints, not the actual people. So the viewpoint from the suburb to the city, the changing POV going back and forth from the suburb to the city, and the POV from the city in a position of authority - not necessarily a political one. By getting different perpectives on a singular experience, you can get a much more rich form of information.

    I know you said it's a raw start, so I guess you can take my suggestion as possible ways to continue the thought process. Good luck!

    Ja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you not have something for me to respond to?

    ReplyDelete